Simple networked infrastructures
The perfect networking of existing – and new – infrastructures is one of the strengths of onway ag.
At the end of 2020, the 2G mobile communications network in Switzerland will be switched off. Many devices – some of them newly purchased – communicate using this network. So after 2G is switched off, their full functionality can no longer be guaranteed (e.g. alarm as an SMS to a mobile phone).
The new onway industrial communication system on1500 works against this: Due to its networking of existing infrastructures (e.g. display boards, ticket machines, etc.) it is perfectly suited to replace 2G easily and without interruption. And even if 3G is switched off – planned for 2022 in Germany – on1500 can still be used, as it is already designed for 4G and 5G networking.
on1500 – The intelligent hardware for the industry
The inexpensive entry-level system on1500 runs on the same operating system as the more comprehensive on2800/on3800 routers, the on1500 can be easily combined with them and they can be managed together via the cloud.
onway offers comprehensive communication solutions for all needs:
on1500 is available as a board for easy installation in existing components or integrated in a compact housing. It’s an excellent computing and communication unit for all kinds of industrial applications: Networking and remote management of machines, vending machines, displays (advertising, passenger information, routing, etc.), charging stations, surveillance cameras, IoT and Smart City applications, ideal for replacing 2G/3G etc.
- Automation of sales and logistics applications and production facilities
- Modern software architecture, perfect for mobile cloud applications
- Monitoring of vital router functions and its environment
- Pre-processing, filtering, intermediate storage and monitoring of local sensor values
- GPS / GLONASS localisation
- Powerful dual-core ARM® processor
- Automatic «Zero Touch» deployment
- Very fast boot process
- > 300 Mbps local routing
- > 150 Mbps VPN throughput via LTE
- Software developed in-house and based on Linux®