Are you planning a WLAN project? Then you’ve come to the right place.
First of all, we work with you to define the appropriate usage model and identify technical requirements. During a subsequent inspection of the sites, our specialists will determine the best positions for the access points (pre-installation site survey), advise you on the choice of suitable antennas and ideal installation positions.
It is also important to carry out an acceptance measurement of the installation with the devices actually in use, as these have different reception characteristics. Finally, the network will be rolled out and operated.
We’re driven by challenges
Environments with strong reflections (such as around/below/in aircraft, in vehicles, in tunnels, etc.) exert particularly high demands on wireless networks. Such difficult environments can only be operated satisfactorily with the use of special antennas or WLAN technologies. Interference with other electrical appliances or radio equipment (e.g. the neighbour’s WLAN), and interference due to reflections (multipath fading) are detected at an early stage and can thus be eliminated or taken into account accordingly when designing the WLAN coverage. We have years of experience in mastering such challenges and can also apply it to your environment.
Bridging great distances
Would you like to link two buildings with a rapid yet inexpensive connection? With the help of WLAN point-to-point links, distances of up to several kilometres can be easily bridged – provided there is a line of sight. By connecting several radio links in parallel, bandwidths of up to 500 Mbps can be achieved without having to compromise on security compared to wired alternatives.
Mobile clients must not lose connection to the fixed network at any time, despite high speeds at times. Dimensioning and controlling roaming processes – sometimes called hand-over –are some of the most difficult tasks when designing a WLAN network.
We can carry out field tests for you (up to 200 km/h) and dimension the installation parameters required for your application. If even higher speeds are required, we can simulate the application for you in our laboratory.
- WLAN hotspots in places with large crowds of people, such as railway stations and airports (high density design)
- WLAN solutions for outdoor and city networks
- An integrated and versatile communication platform for buses and trains, covering both internal communication and internet access
- WLAN point-to-point links to wirelessly bridge greater distances
- WLAN solutions as communication technology for moving objects such as trains
- WLAN solutions for barcode scanners in logistics companies
- WLAN solutions for locations with strong reflections
- WLAN solutions for environments with high security requirements
- WLAN solutions for device-to-device communication (e.g. live streaming surveillance camera systems)
We can also carry out site surveys without subsequently implementing a network.