Demand-oriented, secure access for each device
The variety of network-enabled devices and the associated administrative burden is growing rapidly. Thus, there is an increasing need to securely connect various devices such as printers managed by Printing Services, medical equipment or employees’ personal smartphones to the network. Providing needs-based, secure access for each device represents a major challenge for network managers.
Using macman provides essential added value through:
- Multi-client-capable device management
- Delegation of equipment management to departments, subsidiaries, external staff, etc.
- Integration into external billing systems such as SAP
- Localisation of devices by connecting to network management systems such as Ciscoworks
- Meaningful statistics (compliance, port history, usage evaluations)
- Managing users who are not registered in the central user directory